Thursday, October 30, 2008

California Yes on 8 zombies

I drive around this city in fear. The fear of being surrounded by an intersection full of mindless "Yes on 8" zombies waving signs, but then it just gets worse. I begin to hear all the honks of support from all the passers by, and then it hits me. "OH DAMN, I'm surrounded by hundreds of these unconscious creatures from beyond the grave". It is a frightful sight to see so many of the undead who think this is the issue worth getting out and fighting for, when there are so many other critical issues facing the US at the moment. One can't be too surprised however, considering that the infection has been allowed to spread to such a large segment of our population. What infection? I'm sure you have seen the signs. The ability to disregard truth without hesitation. The ability to redefine reality with just a word. The ability to be led by the nose as if a puppet on a string? Yes that's right. It's the members of your local church, all of them having their strings jerked at the same time. I swear if one of them raises their finger and points at me while wailing like a banshee, I'm going to drive a stake through it's heart.

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

Driving home from work today I was stunned by the huge crowds of smiling people waving their "Yes on 8" signs. And most of these were HANDMADE signs, some HUGE with slogans such as "Freedom of Religion". I would bet big money that the majority of those people are Christians who hate homosexuals. They like to say "hate the sin, not the sinner" but I've rarely seen that applied. Its typically just hate.

Meanwhile the fact that hundreds of thousands of innocent people have died in Iraq .... well that doesn't phase them a bit. War is a good thing to them because because if you read the Bible, its promoted by God all the time.

Its very odd indeed.

Xochi said...

Hey I'm not from US, would yoy explain me what is all this about? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sure. Proposition 8 was a California ballot measure that wanted to change the state Constitution to restrict the definition of marriage to a union between a man and a woman and eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry. It passed by a narrow margin, mostly due to large amounts of money from the Mormon as well as many other churches. It is now being challenged, and I believe it will probably be overturned. I'm not gay, but I don't think a simple majority vote on a proposition should be able to deny a group of people rights. To see these Yes on 8 people though, you would think the fate of the world depended on the outcome. Thanks for the comment!